Pastry for Catering & Buffet Events (18.0 CEHs)
PreGel understands one of the biggest challenges in the industry: how to efficiently create a dessert without any sacrifice in quality. This class teaches the preparation of delicious finished desserts in literally just minutes, leaving you plenty of time for customization and decoration.
In this all-purpose pastry class, students will learn the basic fundamentals of simple-to-prepare pastry products along with concept and recipe development. This class is a great starting point for meeting your current baking and pastry needs. Students will learn how to create instant desserts such as Tiramisù, Crème Caramel, Pannacotta and Crème Brulée, using PreGel's Pronto Line and more. Those in attendance will also learn how to garnish these finished pieces for added display and presentation value.
Length of Class: 3-days
You will learn..
- Basics of pastry production
- Benefits of adding pastries to your business
- How to create unique and efficient pastries
- Standard recipes and how to implement a variety of flavors into your recipes
- Baked vs. non-baked components
- Proper procedures to use a variety of pastry equipment
- Hands-on production to create an assortment of pastries and desserts including:
- Crème caramel
- Crème brûleè
- Fruit tarts
- Cupcakes and buttercream
- Mousse cakes
- How to decorate your creations with chocolate décor, glazes, cocoa powder, etc.
- PreGel AMERICA's product offerings
Cost: $65 administration fee
*Maximum capacity for this class is 16 to ensure an optimal experience for each and every student. Our Professional Training Center staff will confirm all registration requests made.
Attendance at this classes will earn 18.0 CEHs towards ACF initial and renewal certification.