The Fundamentals of Gelato & Sorbetto Production (18.0 CEHs)
Gelato (or sorbetto when made with water) is a frozen dessert that originates from Italy and is known for its intense flavors, artisan presentation and nutritious value. While considered somewhat similar to ice cream, the ingredients, production, flavoring, presentation, nutrition and texture all differentiate it.
PreGel AMERICA offers a three-day course on the foundations of gelato and sorbetto production. Students will be educated on how to use cold and hot process machines, as well as the proper use of batch freezers and display cases. The class also covers recipe formulation, serving, cleaning and sanitizing procedures for daily operations. Those in attendance will learn the secrets of decorating and displaying gelato and sorbetto.
Length of Class: 4-days
You will learn...
- History of gelato and sorbetto
- Standard recipes and basic balancing of recipes
- Hands-on production and procedures
- Producing a variety of gelato and sorbetto
- Proper procedures to use a variety of gelato equipment
- Assistance with serving and selling gelato to your customers
- Cleaning and sanitizing equipment
- Basic food costs
- PreGel AMERICA's product offerings including:
Cost: $75 administration fee
*Attendance at this classes will earn 18.0 CEHs towards ACF initial and renewal certification.
*Maximum capacity for this class is 20 to ensure an optimal experience for each and every student. Our Professional Training Center staff will confirm all registration requests made.